Thursday, August 9, 2012

Anniversary, Whale Watching, all without KIDS?!

 For our anniversary we went to San Diego California for the weekend. Lost my camera but did manage to get a few shots with the digital camera. We went to the zoo (below riding the air tram over the zoo) and we rented a mustang and did a lot of scenic drives (above San Diego Temple). The majority of our time we spent on the beach!






Weird plant at the zoo


San Diego Temple
 We have had whale watching tickets from a silent auction that we have been waiting to use all year and we were finally able to go today. Awesome! Just Perry and I went and the boys will have to go when they are old enough not to climb out of the boat. It was neat. We saw lots of wildlife and even a pod of porpoises that swam right next to the boat but were so fast going under the water I didn't get a picture. Really cool to watch though. I love the waves I wanted to say whoohoo! the whole time, but I didnt want to embarrass anybody....Perry was not loving it as much as I did. He got pretty queasy.





 Our boat was a 2 decker and I had fun exploring everywhere. Perry liked the bottom of the boat near the back facing forward. It ended up having the better views of wildlife and if you stood in the corner you could see where you were going. Lots of fun!


Looking a little pale...

Old Newport Lighthouse

Sea Lions I guess get mistaken for sharks a lot... I can see why.


My best shot!



Whale lower left corner



2 comments:

Brooke and Jared said...

Way cool...happy anniversary!

heyjackieday said...

Oh, you should have just said Woo Hoo. Don't forget your roots. (As in, you aren't singing loud enough if the people in front of you don't turn around.)